Parking in the west end of Glasgow is extremely limited. There is some free parking available on University Gardens, but this typically fills up by 8.30am. There are two Blue Badge spaces available on University Gardens, and more available within the staff parking facilities beside the Main Building (300m from the venue), although the latter require University parking permits. Please contact Hannah Tweed if you wish to reserve a permit in advance.
The nearest subway station to the University of Glasgow is Hillhead station, which is 0.8km from the conference venue, Gilmorehill.
Trains leave Glasgow Central Low Level and Glasgow Queen Street Low Level for Partick train station approximately every ten minutes. Partick train station is 2.5km from the venue. A taxi from Glasgow city centre to the west end costs £5-10.
There are two airports connected to Glasgow. Glasgow Airport (GLA) is ten miles from the west end, and Network Private Hire (0141 557 1110) charge a £15 flat rate to/from the airport and any location in the city. Black cabs from the airport to the west end will cost approximately £20-25. Glasgow Prestwick Airport is situated 45 miles from Glasgow, with regular trains to Glasgow Central. Trains to the city centre will take approximately one hour.
- The venue is fully accessible, with two lifts.
- Accessible toilets are available near the conference rooms and will be clearly signposted.
- Break out spaces are available for the use of all delegates.
- The conference room has a hearing loop installed.
- Map of the University of Glasgow campus.
- The University of Glasgow has a small pool of mobility scooters available to hire – if you wish to hire one, please contact Sylvia Morgan. If the University has run out of scooters then Disabled Trust Scotland, Shaw Trust, and the Red Cross all provide scooter hire in Glasgow.
If you have any enquiries regarding facilities and services for people with disabilities at the conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.